Wednesday, June 10, 2009

my first bloggy blog



Lets get started with an introduction. My name is Mandy, and I am from WV, and live in OH. My husband Tom and I were married in 2006 and welcomed our first child, Teddy, in 2008.

I met my husband on the internet of all places. Not on a dating site, or anything of that nature. We weren't out looking for love. It was purely by chance. So as the story goes, it was October of 2000. I was in my dorm room and having trouble sleeping. I got of bed and turned on my computer, and a chat program that my friend had installed earlier that day automatically opened. Before I could close it, someone im'd me and asked if I wanted to voice chat. He was from the UK, and being bored I said yes. I stuck around and listened to him talk, I could barely understand what he was saying, all I could do was laugh, cause he told me he played drums and I thought geez, I'm talking to Ringo!! He asked to see a photo, so I directed him to my webpage. He told me all about his room mate with pink hair, and a bunch of body piercings, and I thought wow that guy sounds like a wierdo. There was a repairmen at his house, and he had to give him instructions, so he had his room mate talk to me, so I wouldn't leave, while he took care of things. His room mate had never really been online before, and wasnt eager to oblige. He showed him my photo, and then he agreed to talk to me. Maybe if the repairman had been late, or Tom didnt agree to talk to me, then things would have been different, but as it stands, I married the room mate.

1 comment: